|The next meeting of the Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 7th June 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
1 Apologies and welcome to the newly co-opted Member of the Council, Clwyd Spencer.
2. Confirm the minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 11th May 2016 (below).
3. Matters arising from the minutes.
4. Confirm the minutes of the previous monthly meeting of the Council held on 11th May 2016 (below).
5. Matters arising from the minutes.
6. Discussion on the letter received by Dr James Davies MP circulated to members at the previous Council meeting.
7. Finance issues.
8. Planning issues.
9. Correspondence to include the Council’s Code of Conduct update.
10. Denbighshire County Council Issues.
11. Any Other Business.
12. Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 5th July 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
13. Closure of meeting.
|MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 11th MAY 2016 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.00 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Julie Roberts, Glyn Jones, Merfyn James, Duncan Stewart, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Elwyn Williams and the Clerk.
1. APOLOGIES: Councillors Kevin Davies and Gwyn Roberts together with Denbighshire County Councillors Colin Hughes and Geraint Lloyd-Williams.
2. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2016/17 TERM OF OFFICE.
Members elected Councillor Chris Brown as Chairman for the 2016/17 term of office.
3. ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN FOR THE 2016/1 TERM OF OFFICE.
Members elected Councillor Julie Roberts as Vice Chairman for the 2016/17 term of office.
4. CHAIRMAN’S ANNUAL REPORT.
5. COUNCIL’S REPRESENTATION ON OTHER COMMITTEES.
A. Henllan Parochial Charities – Elwyn Williams.
B. Christian Aid Committee – Jennifer Rowley-Williams.
C. One Voice Wales Area Committee – Duncan Stewart.
D. Henllan School Governor – Kevin Davies.
E. Planning Committee – Chris Brown, Julie Roberts, Elwyn Williams, Glyn Jones, Duncan Stewart and Merfyn James.
F. Strategy and Development Committee – Chris Brown, Kevin Davies, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Julie Roberts and Duncan Stewart.
G. Finance Committee – Chris Brown, Duncan Stewart and Julie Roberts.
Chairman’s Report 2015-16
It has once again been a very busy year for the council in what appears to be a growing workload and pressure for the council to do more than previously had been expected of it, this I think is testimony to the hard work and dedication of our small but nonetheless committed group of councillors, without you we would not be so successful in serving Henllan and its community. The council is not by any means perfect and we must regularly review our performance and direction to ensure it is serving our community to the best of its abilities.
Thanks also must go to Mr Gwyn Davies our clerk and also to Mr Peter Smith for his diligent and impressive translation work. Thanks also to our 2 County Councillors who I hope will continue to fight the corner for and behalf of the people of Henllan.
The village has achieved many successes again and I pay tribute to the many groups and societies that provide Henllan with its thriving activity calendar, long may this continue, it would be unfair of me to single out any particular group as all are worthy of mention.
Notably the council has succeeded in many areas, the following being such examples of our successes:
• Community Miles Project (in partnership with Hannah Arndt of Denbighshire’s Countryside Services)
• Award for Wales Grant for a Ride on Mower – which will be delivered soon
• Grant Funding to local groups at its highest level ever
• Re-launch of the Community Website including Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Business in the Community Event
• Provision of a Footway in front of potential development on the land adjacent to Porthkerry
• Road Closure for Remembrance Service
• Flower beds (Thanks to Julie and Alan for their continued commitment)
The council will continue to identify and develop any projects that will provide lasting improvements to our community or strategy clearly shows we are committed to (where possible) improving the lives of our residents.
My time as chairman has been both rewarding, demanding and on occasion exasperating, the latter thankfully not too often. We will continue to strive for anything and everything that can help our community to improve, develop and remain safe, sometimes we have been frustrated at the length of time things take to achieve and many times we have not achieved (yet) what we have set out to, that though is often down to external factors affecting our ability to succeed, we will though continue to fight those particular issues to the best of our abilities. There are many existing challenges and problems the council and our community face over the next 12 months, many of the issues are beyond the remit of the council, such as the provision of current and future Housing needs, Road and Pedestrian safety, education and social services, we will though challenge the authorities where we can to highlight where we feel services are failing our residents.
Finally I’d like to thank everybody and anybody that has contributed to the success of the Community Council in the last 12 months.
COFNODION CYFARFOD MISOL CYNGOR CYMUNED HENLLAN NOS FERCHER 11EG MAI 2016 AM 7.15 YN FESTRI CAPEL HENLLAN.
PRESENNOL: Y Cynghorwyr Chris Brown (Cadeirydd), Duncan Stewart, Elwyn Williams, Merfyn James, Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Kevin Davies a’r Clerc.
1 YMDDIHEURIADAU: Y Cynghorydd Gwyn Roberts a’r Cynghorwyr Sir Geraint Lloyd-Williams a Colin Hughes.
2. CADARNHAU’R COFNODION DIWETHAF.
Cadarnhawyd cofnodion 5ed Ebrill 2016 a’u harwyddo gan y Cadeirydd
3. MATERION YN CODI O’R COFNODION.
A. Dangosodd y Clerc lythyr oddi wrth Dr James Davies, A.S. Dyffryn Clwyd, yn cyfeirio at ateb a dderbyniodd oddi wrth Paul Mead, Rheolwr Datblygiad Cyngor Sir Ddinbych, yn ymwneud a materion a godwyd yn y cyfarfod gyda Dr Davies ar 26ain Chwefror 2016. Penderfynwyd ymdrin yn llawn a chynnwys y llythyr yng nghyfarfod nesaf y Cyngor.
B. Cafwyd neges gan Peter Thomas, Swyddog Trafnidiaeth Gyhoeddus Cyngor Sir Ddinbych, fod bysiau Dinbych-Henllan-Llannefydd yn methu gwneud cylch o gwmpas Henllan gan fod yr amserlen yn dynn. Penderfynwyd gofyn i’r mater gael ei ystyried y tro nesaf y byddid yn ail wampio’r gwasanaethau bysiau.
C. Dali aros am ateb manwl gan Gyngor Sir Ddinbych mae’r Clerc ynglŷn â nifer o faterion ffyrdd o fewn y gymuned sydd heb eu setlo. Penderfynwyd bod y Clerc i gysylltu eto a’r Cyngor Sir.
D. Darparodd y Cynghorydd Duncan Stewart fap oedd yn awgrymu bod y tir glas wrth Bron Llan yn perthyn yn wreiddiol i Eglwys Henllan. Penderfynwyd trefnu cyfarfod o’r rhai a fyddai â diddordeb ym mater perchnogaeth y darn tir dan sylw.
E. Dywedodd y Clerc fod Dŵr Cymru’n bwriadu adnewyddu clawr yr hydrant dwr ar y 12fed Mai.
F. Dywedodd y Cynghorydd Chris Brown fod y peiriant torri glaswellt wedi’i archebu bellach. Boed y Cynghorydd Jennifer Rowley-Williams wedi gwneud ymholiadau gydag Eglwys Henllan am ei ddefnydd, lle i’w gadw ac yswiriant iddo. Cytunodd y Cynghorydd Chris Brown i archwilio’r materion a godwyd.
G. Soniodd y Cynghorydd Chris Brown fod trefniadau ar y gweill i brynu cloeon ar gyfer y toiledau cyhoeddus a biniau ysbwriel ychwanegol.
H. Dywedodd y Cynghorydd Glyn Jones fod perchennog 8 Bryntirion wedi tynnu’r eiddew oddi ar wal Stryd Dinbych, ond bod rhagor o eiddew yno ar waliau yn perthyn i’r Hen Bost a Thŷ Bryntirion. Penderfynwyd bod y Clerc i ysgrifennu at y ddau berchennog.
I. Dywedodd y Cynghorydd Glyn Jones fod perchennog 34 Ffordd Meifod wrthi’n torri’r canghennau o dan olau’r stryd.
4. SEDD WAG Y CYNGOR.
Dywedodd y Clerc fod Geraint Williams, 38 Glasfryn, wedi tynnu ei enw’n ôl. Roedd Clwyd Spencer, Maes-y-Groes, wedi methu mynd i’r cyfarfod y Cyngor, ond roedd diddordeb ganddo o hyd yn y lle gwag. Penderfynwyd cyfethol Clwyd Spencer.
5. “BUSNES YN Y GYMUNED”, 6ED MAI 2016.
Dywedodd y Cynghorydd Chris Brown fod y digwyddiad wedi body n llwyddiannus gyda chynrychiolwyr nifer dda o fusnesau lleol ac aelodau’r cyhoedd. Penderfynwyd cynnal digwyddiad tebyg yn 2017 a gofynnwyd i’r Clerc ysgrifennu at Eleri Llwyd Jones i ddiolch iddi am ei gwaith gyda’r trefniadau.
A. Derbyniwyd cyfran gyntaf precept 2016/17 – £2,750.00.
1. Tal aelodaeth 2016/17 Cyngor Gwirfoddol Sir Ddinbych – £15.00.
2. AON UK Cyf. – Premiwm Yswiriant Blynyddol – £377.50.
3. Edward Morris – Cyflog Mis Mai – £24.00.
4. Eleri Llwyd Jones – Cost lluniaeth i’r digwyddiad cymunedol – £7.82.
5. Harold Smith – Tal Archwiliwr Mewnol 2015/16 – £144.00.
6. Alan Roberts – Costau’r Gwelyau Blodau Cymunedol – £171.71.
7. Swyddfa’r Comisiynydd Gwybodaeth – Tal Cofrestru’r Wefan – £30.00.
C. Arwyddwyd y Cadeirydd a’r Clerc Datganiad Blynyddol 2015/16.
7. CEISIADAU CYNLLUNIO.
A. Cytunodd y Cadeirydd i fynd i gyfarfod Clwstwr Llanelwy Cyngor Sir Ddinbych ar nos Fawrth 17eg Mai 2016 am 6.00 yng Nghlwb Griced Llanelwy.
B. Mae Un Llais Cymru yn gofyn am gynigion ar gyfer Cyfarfod Blynyddol 2016 ar 1af Hydref. Penderfynwyd bod y Cynghorydd Duncan Stewart i lunio un ar ran y Cyngor Cymuned ar fater dalgylch Ffon Symudol 4G.
9. UNRHYW FATER ARALL.
A. Penderfynwyd bod y Clerc yn cysylltu â Chyngor Sir Ddinbych parthed:-
1. Problem gwli wrth Hen Efail, Ffordd Cae Drain.
2. Problem peipen wedi torri ar Ochr-y-Bryn.
3. Trwsio anfoddhaol y tyllau ar ffordd Henllan-Trefnant.
B. Atgoffwyd y Clerc i gynnwys cofnodion Cymraeg y Cyngor ar y Wefan.
C. Trafodwyd dau fater arall:-
1. Bws gwasanaeth GHA yn parcio ar Lon y Garn yn ystod egwyl amser cinio ac yn creu rhwystr.
2. Ymddengys bod ambell gwli yn Henllan heb ei wagio pan ddaeth y peiriant yn ddiweddar.
10. CYFARFOD NESAF Y CYNGOR – Nos Fawrth 7fed Mehefin am 7.30 yn Festri Capel Henllan.
11. CAEODD Y CADEIRYDD Y CYFARFOD AM 8.20 P.M.
|MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MONTHLY MEETING HELD ON WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY 2016 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.15 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Duncan Stewart, Elwyn Williams, Merfyn James, Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Kevin Davies and the Clerk.
1 APOLOGIES: Councillor Gwyn Roberts together with Denbighshire County Councillors Geraint Lloyd-Williams and Colin Hughes.
2. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 5th April 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
3. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. the Clerk circulated Members with a letter from Dr. James Davies, MP for the Vale of Clwyd, in respect of a detailed reply he had received from Paul Mead, Development Manager, Denbighshire County Council regarding the issues raised with the meeting held with Dr Davies on 26th February 2016. The Members resolved to fully discuss the contents of the letter at the next Council meeting.
B. Peter Thomas, Public Transport Officer, Denbighshire County Council reported that the Denbigh-Henllan-Llannefydd Service Bus is unable to provide a circular tour of Henllan village due to the tight timetable. Members resolved to ask if the change to include the circular tour of Henllan to coincide with the next major service change.
C. the Clerk still awaits a detailed reply from Denbighshire County Council regarding the unresolved highway issues within the community. Members resolved for the Clerk to contact Denbighshire County Council regarding a detailed reply.
D. Councillor Duncan Stewart provided a map which suggests the Green Space by Bron Llan was originally under the ownership of Henllan Church. Members resolved to arrange a meeting with interested parties to progress the issue of the “Green Space” ownership by Bron Llan in Henllan.
E. the Clerk reported that Welsh Water will replace the “Water Hydrant” cover on 12th May.
F. Councillor Chris Brown reported that the “Community Ride on Mower” has now been ordered. Councillor Jennifer Rowley-Williams made enquiries via Henllan Church regarding the use, storage and insurance cover for the mower. Councillor Chris Brown agreed to look into the issues raised.
G. Councillor Chris Brown reported that the purchase of the public toilets locks and additional litter bins are in progress.
H. Councillor Glyn Jones reported that the owner of 8 Bryntirion has now removed the ivy from the Denbigh Street boundary wall, but there is still ivy on the Denbigh Street boundary wall belonging to The Old Post Office and Bryntirion House. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the two owners to remove the ivy from the Denbigh Street boundary wall.
I. Councillor Glyn Jones reported that the owner of 34 Ffordd Meifod is in the process of removing the obstructing branches under the street light.
4. COUNCIL’S VACANT SEAT.
The Clerk reported that Geraint Williams of 38 Glasfryn withdrew his name from the interview process for the vacant seat whilst Clwyd Spencer of Maes-y-Groes was unable to attend the meeting for an interview for the vacant seat, but was still interested in the vacant seat. Members resolved to co-opt Clwyd Spencer to fill the vacant seat on the Council.
5. BUSINESS IN THE COMMUNITY EVENT ON 6TH MAY 2016.
Councillor Chris Brown reported that the “Business in the Community” event held on 6th May 2016 was a successful event which was well attended by both local businesses and the members of the public. The Members resolved to hold another event during 2017 and for the Clerk to write a thank you letter to Eleri Llwyd Jones for her work for the arrangements of the event.
A. First 2016/17 Precept Receipt – £2.750.00.
B. Bill payments:-
1. Denbighshire Voluntary Services Council – 2016/17 Membership Fee – £15.00.
2. AON UK Limited – Annual Insurance Premium – £377.50.
3. Edward Morris – May Salary – £24.00.
4. Eleri Llwyd Jones – Refreshments expenses for the Community Event – £7.82.
5. Harold Smith – Internal Auditor Fee for 2015/16 – £144.00.
6. Alan Roberts – Community Flower Beds Costs – £171.71.
7. Information Commissioner’s Office – Website Data Protection Registration – £30.00.
C. the Chairman and Clerk signed the 2015/16 Annual Return.
7. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
There were no planning applications received for consideration.
A. the Chairman agreed to attend the Denbighshire County Council St. Asaph Cluster meeting on Tuesday 17th May 2016 at 6.00 p.m. in St. Asaph Cricket Club.
B. One Voice Wales are seeking motions for the 2016 Annual General Meeting on 1st October 2016. Councillor Duncan Stewart agreed to word a motion on behalf of the Community Council on 4G Mobile Phone coverage.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
A. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
1. Unresolved gully problem by “Hen Efail” on the Cae Drain Road.
2. Unresolved broken pipe problem on the Ochr-y-Bryn Road.
3. The pot holes repairs on the Henllan to Trefnant Road have failed.
B. the Clerk was reminded to include the Welsh minutes of the Council on the Website.
C. Members discussed the following issues:-
1. The location of the GHA service bus on the Garn Lane during the lunch break which narrows the carriageway for the moving traffic.
2. The Gully Emptier has recently visited Henllan and appears to have excluded some gullies.
10. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 7th June 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
11. THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.20 P.M.