Henllan Community Council meeting held on Tuesday 4th October 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
|2||Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).|
|3||Matters arising from the minutes.|
|4||Community Defibrillator Update.|
|5||Denbighshire Open Space Needs Assessment and Audit Update.|
|9||Denbighshire County Council Issues.|
|10||Any Other Business|
|11||Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 1st November 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.|
|12||Closure of meeting.|
Minutes of the Henllan Community Council Meeting held on Tuesday 6th September 2016 in The Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Merfyn James, Julie Roberts, Elwyn Williams, Duncan Stewart, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Kevin Davies and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors Gwyn Roberts, Clwyd Spencer together with Denbighshire County Councillors Colin Hughes and Geraint Lloyd-Williams.
1A. WALES AND WEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION.
The Chairman welcomed Mr Craig Sparrow from Wales and West Housing Association to the meeting. Mr Sparrow updated the members with regards to the next phase on the former Henllan Centre site which has planning consent in being, but informed that due to more potential demand for three bedroom properties rather than two bedroom properties at the location then a new revised planning application would be forthcoming. Once further information is available then Mr Sparrow will consult with the Community Council accordingly. The Chairman thanked Mr Sparrow for his attendance and information provided.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 5th July 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Councillor Julie Roberts reported on the “Speed Survey” with PCSO Francis Long on 15th July 2016 which was a worthwhile exercise. The Members asked the Clerk to contact PCSO Long to arrange another “Speed Survey” in Henllan.
- Councillor Julie Roberts reported on the Henllan Highway Site Meeting with Mr Trevor Carr (Denbighshire County Council Highways Officer) held on 14th July 2016 to resolve the community highway issues. The only issues that remain are:-
- The missing highway directional sign at the Chweffordd/Cae Drain Junction has still not been replaced. The Clerk agreed to remind Mr Carr.
- Denbighshire County Council no longer provide Litter/Dog Waste bins. The Clerk agreed to order two “Litter/Dog Waste Bins”.
- Councillor Kevin Davies confirmed that the Henllan School highway safety signs have been prepared and need to be erected. Members resolved for the Clerk to thank Mr Mike Cottle for his assistance in preparing the signage.
- FORMER HENLLAN TIP SITE LAND UPDATE.
The Chairman welcomed the members of the public to the meeting to discuss the update of the former tip site land in Henllan who had concerns about the change of use of the land next to their properties. The Chairman reported that that a recent survey on the land confirmed that the land is not contaminated and any definite plans by the Community Council for the land will be subject to both consultation with the local residents and planning application consent with Denbighshire County Council. The Chairman thanked the members of the public for their attendance.
- COMMUNITY DEFIBRILLATORS.
Councillor Kevin Davies circulated members with information on Defibrillators for Henllan and explained the various options available. The members resolved to purchase the Community Defibrillator and Councillor Davies agreed to report back at the next Council meeting with the various costs involved.
- STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE REPORT.
Councillor Chris Brown reported on the Strategy and Development Committee meeting held on 15th August 2016 which discussed the updates on the following issues:-
A: Community Council Website.
- Bus timetable review.
- Road Safety.
- Housing Survey.
- HENLLAN FLOWER SHOW GRANT APPLICATION.
Members discussed the Henllan Flower Show Grant Application circulated amongst the Members by the Clerk. After discussing the “Grant Application Form” the Members resolved to award a grant of £500.00 to the Henllan Flower Show.
A: 2016/17 Precept Receipt – £2,750.00.
- Bill Payments:-
- Mr Alan Roberts for materials – £76.80.
- Mortimers, Denbigh for materials – £23.34.
- Clerk’s Salary for the quarter ended 30th September 2016 – £400.00.
- PAYE for the quarter ended 30th September 2016 – £118.00.
- Mr Alan Lewis for the former Tip Land Site Report – £474.00.
- One Voice Wales Annual Conference Fee (1st October 2016) – Delegate fee (Councillor Duncan Stewart) – £90.00.
- Members resolved to reimburse Councillor Duncan Stewart for expenses incurred for the One Voice Wales Annual Conference at Builth Wells on 1st October 2016.
- PLANNING ISSUES.
- the Department of Trade and Industry has granted permission for the “North Wales Wind Farms Connection”.
- Denbighshire County Council has granted planning permission for the demolition of section of stone wall to form a vehicular access and off street parking area at Tan-y-Clochdy, Llannefydd Road, Henllan.
- Planning application for the erection of agricultural building for use as milking parlour and calving facilities at Plas Meifod, Ffordd Meifod, Henllan. Members raised no objections to the planning application.
- Denbighshire Open Space Needs Assessment and Audit issued by Denbighshire County Council for the update of the register held. The Chairman agreed to investigate the information received and report back at the next Council meeting.
Mr Tim Towers, Risk and Asset Manager of Denbighshire County Council, is seeking the views of the Community Council for highways to be considered for the 2017/18 highway capital works. The Members resolved on the following sections of highways:-
- Parc-y-Llan Housing Estate
- Glasfryn Housing Estate.
- Junction of Glasfryn with Ffordd Meifod.
- Bottom of Bryn Tirion Housing Estate leading to Godre’r Garn.
- Maes-yr-Efail Junction with Denbigh Street.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
In the absence of both Denbighshire County Council Members, no Denbighshire County Council issues were discussed.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
- Councillor Julie Roberts thanked Councillor Glyn Jones, Mr Mike Cottle and Jean & Andrew McGibben for their assistance in watering the hanging baskets.
- Following a report from Councillor Kevin Davies, the Members resolved for the Clerk to write to CADW for the extension of the free entry to Denbigh Castle to include Henllan residents as well as the Denbigh residents which currently exists.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 4th October 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- The chairman closed the meeting at 9.10 p.m.