The next Planning Committee of Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 6th September 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.00 p.m.
- Planning Application 28/2016/0701 – Erection of agricultural building for use as milking parlour and calving facilities at Plas Meifod, Ffordd Meifod, Henllan.
- To consider any further planning applications received prior to the meeting.
The next meeting of the Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 6th September 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
|2||Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (below).|
|3||Matters arising from the minutes.|
|4||Former Henllan Tip Site Land update.|
|6||To receive a report from the Strategy and Development Committee.|
|7||Finance issues to include Grant Application from Henllan Flower Show|
|10||Denbighshire County Council Issues.|
|11||Any Other Business.|
|12||Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 4th October 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.|
|13||Closure of meeting.|
HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MINUTES HELD ON TUESDAY 5TH JULY 2016 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Elwyn Williams, Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Duncan Stewart, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Kevin Davies and the Clerk.
1 APOLOGIES: Councillors Gwyn Roberts, Merfyn James, Clwyd Spencer together with Denbighshire County Councillors Geraint Lloyd-Williams and Colin Hughes.
- DISCUSSION WITH PCSO FRANCIS LONG REGARDING HENLLAN COMMUNITY POLICING ISSUES.
The Chairman welcomed PCSO Francis Long to the meeting. PCSO Long reported that there were no crimes to report in the Henllan Community area over the recent months. The main issues of the members are with regards to speeding traffic and obstructing parked vehicles in Henllan. PCSO Long informed members that he conducted a recent speed survey on Denbigh Street in Henllan and invited members to accompany him at future dates for the speed survey. Members agreed to accompany PCSO Long with the dates and times to be confirmed. The Chairman thanked PCSO Long for attending the meeting.
- CONFIRM THE PREVIOUS MINUTES OF THE COUNCIL.
Members confirmed 7th June 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Denbighshire County Council confirmed that highway patching on Garn Road took place on 21st June 2016.
- Mr Mike Jones, Traffic, Parking and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire was unaware of any outstanding issues following his site meeting at Henllan on 16th July 2015 and asked for a list of the outstanding highway issues. The Community Council’s Strategy and Development Committee will consider the outstanding issues at the next meeting.
- LOCAL AUTHORITIES (MODEL CODE OF CONDUCT) (WALES) ORDER 2016.
Members duly adopted the Local Authorities (Model Code of Conduct) (Wales) Order 2016.
- THE FORMER TIP SITE IN HENLLAN.
The Chairman reported that the local residents in front the former “Tip Site” in Henllan have received letters regarding the possible transfer of the land from Denbighshire County Council to the Community Council and further reported that soil samples on the site has been undertaken and is waiting for the results. To date there has been three positive replies to the proposal from the residents consulted.
- FINANCE ISSUES.
- Bill payments:-
- AOL UK Limited for insurance cover on the ride on mower – £11.94.
- Saw & Sons for bilingual “Declaration of Acceptance of Office” forms – £41.10.
- Clerk for stamps in relation the letters for the Former Tip Site – £14.80.
- Easy Locks for the Public Conveniences Radar Locks – £24.35.
- Welsh Water for the Public Conveniences water rates – £51.32.
- Edward Morris, Monthly Caretakers Salary – £24.00.
- Henllan Flower Show has requested “Grant Application Form” for new tables.
- PLANNING APPLICATION.
Demolition of section of stone wall to form a vehicular access and off street parking area at Tan-y-Clochdy, Mill Road, Henllan – Members raised no objection to the planning application.
- Ben Wilcox-Jones, Senior Engineer on Road Safety and Sustainable Transportation of Denbighshire County Council reported that a successful bid for Wales Government Grant has been received to undertake footway improvement works between Denbigh and Henllan during 2016/17.
- the Clerk circulated the members with a copy of the “Model Financial Regulations (Wales)” for adoption by the Council. Members resolved to refer the document for adoption to the next Council meeting.
- Dr. James Davies MP indicated that he will hold a summer Surgery in Henllan during the summer with the date and location to be confirmed.
- the “Gwyl Haf Henllan 2016” will take place on 9th and 10th July 2016.
- Request from Miss Charlotte Todd requesting permission to use the Top Park as part of her Personal Trainer Activities. Members resolved not to give permission.
- Monthly pack for the distribution amongst the members.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the lack of grass cutting during the 2016 season within the 30 mph signage in Henllan village.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
- Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
- Reminder that the footpath between the Park and Maes Sadwrn requires attention.
- Reminder that the directional sign at the Chweffordd highway junction requires re erection.
- Councillor Kevin Davies reported on the project by Henllan School for highway safety signage to be prepared and erected during the summer holidays and to seek the approval of the Community to pay the estimated costs of £150 of the material. Members resolved to pay for the costs of the materials.
- Members discussed the following issues:-
- Re-sitting of the Garn Road highway wall for safety reasons.
- Waen Chapel is used as a day centre to include residents of Henllan.
- Overgrown bushes at 1 Glasfryn.
- Confusion for deliveries to addresses at Meifod, Ffordd Meifod and Ffordd Bryn-y-Garn.
- Additional public litter bins for Henllan village.
- Councillor Glyn Jones has completed the street furniture etc inventory for insurance purposes. Councillor Chris Brown will report back at the next meeting regarding the inventory.
- Following the report from Councillor Kevin Davies the Members resolved to discuss the purchase of a Defibrillator and holder at the next Council meeting.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 6th September 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.50 P.M.