Next meeting of the Henllan Community Council:
Tuesday 6th December 2016; Â Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Discussion with Rhiannon Dafydd of Grwp Cynefin.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- To receive a report on the Councilâ€™s Sub-Committees held since the previous Council meeting.
- Finance Issues.
- Planning Issues.
- Denbighshire County Council Issues.
- Any Other Business.
- Next Council Meeting â€“ Tuesday 3rd January 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- Closure of meeting.
Draft minutes of November 2016 meeting
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 2016 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
1: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â PRESENT:Â Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman). Elwyn Williams, Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Duncan Stewart, Gwyn Roberts, Clwyd Spencer and the Clerk.
- APOLOGIES: Councillors Merfyn James, Kevin Davies, Denbighshire County Councillors Colin Hughes and Geraint-Lloyd Williams together with Rhiannon Dafydd of Grwp Cynefin.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 4th October 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
Due to the apology of Rhiannon Dafydd of Grwp Cynefin it was resolved to invite Ms Dafydd to the next Council meeting.
Members noted that the rebuild of the Lenten Pool Roundabout in Denbigh has not taken place as yet and resolved for the Clerk to make the necessary enquiries.
Denbighshire County Council confirmed that the highway verge litter picking from Denbigh Street (Henllan) towards Denbigh took place on 12th October 2016.
The dog/litter bin has been removed on the Garn Lane by the Godreâ€™r Garn Estate and the Clerk has made enquired with Denbighshire County Council regarding the re-erect the replacement bin.
the Commercial Manager of â€śCadwâ€ť confirmed that Henllan residents must pay the relevant admission fee for Denbigh Castle, but the request from the Community Council for free entry for Henllan residents will be considered at the next review of the admission fees.
the Clerk reported that the Councilâ€™s observations to the Planning Department of Denbighshire County Council has been made opposing the proposed closure of the BT Kiosg at Maes-yr-Efail, Henllan due to the following reasons:-
There is a proven usage of the BT Kiosk (27 calls in the last 12 months).
Not everyone has a mobile phone or landline phone.
Poor mobile phone coverage in the area.
Passing motorists may not have an access to another phone.
The missing directional sign at the Chweffordd/Cae Drain junction has still not been re-erected. The Clerk agreed to remind Denbighshire County Council.
- FINANCE ISSUES.
Mr Edward Morris â€“ Caretakerâ€™s Monthly Salary – ÂŁ24.00.
Royal British Legion â€“ Remembrance Day Poppy Wreath – ÂŁ40.00.
Denbighshire County Council informed Council of the estimated cost for a contested Community Council Elections 2017 to be ÂŁ1,700 or ÂŁ160 for a non-contested election.
BDO, External Auditors, have signed off the Councilâ€™s Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2016.
- PLANNING ISSUES.
There were no planning issues for discussion.
The annual meeting between Officers of Denbighshire Council with the City, Town and Community Councils within Denbighshire will take place on Wednesday 16th November 2016 in the County Hall, Ruthin at 6.30 p.m.
The annual Denbighshire County Council Carol Service will take place on Tuesday 6th December 2016 in Rhuddlan Parish Church at 7.00 p.m.
Monthly pack for the distribution amongst the members.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
Following the recent highway accident at the Pencaedu (Trefnant) Crossroads it is now time to introduce traffic calming measures at the location.
- Reminder of the traffic calming measures promised for Garn Lane in Henllan.
- Report on the recent traffic survey at Denbigh Street in Henllan.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members discussed the following issues:-
Continuing dog problems in Henllan.
Councillors Julie Roberts and Jennifer Rowley-Williams reported on the recent Official Opening Day of the Denbighshire Memorial Park & Crematorium in St. Asaph on 17th October 2016.
Lighting issue on the footpath between Ffordd Meifod and the Park.
Councillor Chris Brown confirmed that all of the Councilâ€™s Sub-Committees will be held prior to the next monthly meeting of the Council.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING â€“ Tuesday 6th December 2016 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.30 P.M.