The next Henllan Community Council meeting will be held on Tuesday 3rd January 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Happy New Year.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Update on the Council’s Sub-committees.
- St. Sadwrn’s Church Grant Application Form
- Finance Issues to include the Council’s 2017/18 Precept.
- Planning Issues.
- Denbighshire County Council Issues.
- Any Other Business.
- Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 7th February 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH DECEMBER 2016 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Merfyn James, Julie Roberts, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Gwyn Roberts, Duncan Stewart, Clwyd Spencer together with Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors Kevin Davies and Elwyn Williams.
- DISCUSSION WITH RHIANNON DAFYDD OF GRWP CYNEFIN.
The Chairman welcomed Rhiannon Dafydd from Grwp Cynefin to the meeting who explained the intention of putting Gorffwysfa, School Street, Henllan for sale on the open market as a single dwelling due to no interest locally of renting the current three flats at the property. Mrs Dafydd took on board the observations of the Members of more communication with both the County Council and Community Council when further properties owned by Grwp Cynefin in Henllan become vacant for rent and to consider a housing survey for the local needs of the housing requirements within the Community. The Chairman thanked Mrs Dafydd for attending the meeting.
- CONFIRM THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MINUTES.
Members confirmed 1st November 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
The roundabout at Lenten Pool in Denbigh has now been rebuilt.
the Clerk still awaits a reply from Mr Mike Jones, Traffic and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
Request for traffic calming measures at the Pen Cae Du, Trefnant crossroads following the recent road traffic collision.
Report on the recent traffic survey at Denbigh Street, Henllan.
Traffic calming measures for Lon Garn in Henllan.
The dog bin at Lon Garn in Henllan has now been re-erected.
Joan Dunseath thanked the Council for organising the road closure during the Remembrance Sunday Service.
- COUNCIL SUB-COMMITTEE’S.
The Council Sub-committees will take place prior to the next full Council meeting.
- FINANCE ISSUES.
- Clerk’s salary for the quarter ended 31st December 2016 – £400.00.
- Mr Edward Morris – two months Caretaker’s salary – £48.00.
- PAYE for the quarter ended 31st December 2016 – £118.00.
- Denbighshire County Council for the supply of two public litter bins – £944.95.
- Safety Tec for heated cabinet to house the Defibrillator – £485.85.
- North Wales Christmas Tree Company for the supply of the Community Christmas Tree – £90.00.
- JT & M Signs for the Remembrance Sunday road closure signage – £36.00.
- St. Sadwrn Church, Henllan Grant Application – Members resolved to consider at the next Council meeting.
- PLANNING ISSUES.
There were no planning issues for discussion.
The Chairman read out a letter from the Henllan Cylch Meithrin regarding the project of relocating the meeting location of the Cylch Meithrin. The Chairman agreed to make further enquiries regarding the project and report back at the next Council meeting.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
The following issues were discussed with County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams:-
- Denbighshire County Council Members Areas Group Project Assistance – Councillor Williams suggested the Top Park, Henllan to be considered. The Members suggested that the Henllan Recreation Ground project would be more appropriate.
- Lon Capel gully problem.
- Gully problem by Henllan Shop.
- Henllan park issues.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
Provision of dog waste bags.
The highway sweeper and gully emptier is required in Henllan.
Provision of a Salt/Grit bin in Lon Capel, Henllan.
Street light number 2 in Ffordd Meifod remains on during daylight due to the overhanging tree branch.
Highway verge posts have been erected untidily on the Garn Road in Henllan.
Members discussed the request from the Henllan Leisure Community Association regarding the provision of a second storage container at the Top Park in Henllan. Councillor Chris Brown agreed to make the necessary enquiries.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 3rd January 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.50 P.M.