Next meeting Henllan Community Council,Â Tuesday 4th April 2017, 7.30 p.m.,Â Chapel Vestry, Henllan.
1: Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Apologies.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council minutes (copy attached).
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Community Defibrillator update.
- Henllan Primary School Council update.
- Planning issues.
- Denbighshire County Council issues.
- Any Other Business.
- Next Council Meeting â€“ Wednesday 10th May 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan Annual General Meeting at 7.00 p.m. followed by the Monthly Council meeting.
- Closure of meeting.
DRAFT MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 7TH MARCH 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Gwyn Roberts, Glyn Jones, Elwyn Williams, Merfyn James, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Julie Roberts, Clwyd Spencer, Duncan Stewart, Kevin Davies, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Denbighshire County Councillor Colin Hughes.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
The only correction to the previous Council minutes was item 3H was that Councillor Kevin Davies was still waiting for Trevor Carr, Street Scene coordinator of Denbighshire County Council, to arrange a date for the site meeting.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Trevor Carr, Street Scene Area Coordinator of Denbighshire County Council, reported on the following highway issues:-
- The Groes Road was inspected in January and scored the road accordingly. Members resolved for the Clerk to seek information regarding the scoring system.
- The directional sign at the Chweffordd junction was not erected during early 2017 due to the traffic management constructing the new footway on the same Henllan to Denbigh Road. Members resolved for the Clerk to inform Mr Carr that the traffic management has now ceased on the Henllan to Denbigh Road.
- As there is no pooling problem outside 25 Bryn Tirion, Henllan no remedial works is necessary. Members resolved to provide photographic evidence of the pooling issue.
- the Clerk still awaits reply from Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues and the Members resolved for the Clerk to send a reminder:-
- Relocate the new litter bin sighted next to the telephone kiosk at top of Maes-yr-Efail.
- Community Councilâ€™s proposed traffic calming measures for the Pen Cae Du Crossroads.
- Councillor Duncan Stewart still awaits confirmation of the meeting date with Peter Daniels, Passenger Transport Manager of Denbighshire County Council, regarding the â€śHenllan Buses â€“ An Improvement Proposalâ€ť.
- Councillor Julie Roberts awaits a reply from Rhiannon Dafydd of Grwp Cynefin regarding the Grwp Cynefin house on the new development in Chapel Lane in Henllan.
- Denbighshire County Council has granted planning permission on the following planning applications:-
- Construction of an earth walled slurry lagoon at Plas Meifod Farm, Henllan.
- Demolition of garage and erection of single storey extension to side of dwelling at 7 Bryn Tirion, Henllan.
- COMMUNITY DEFIBRILLATOR UPDATE.
Councillor Kevin Davies reported on the following regarding the â€śCommunity Defibrillatorâ€ť:
1: The Heated Cabinet has been erected outside Henllan Shop by David Roberts.
- The Energy Company (UK) Ltd has provided a grant of ÂŁ200.00.
- The Rotary Club of Denbigh and Mr James Prydderch have been approached for grant funding towards the costs.
- The presentation of the Defibrillator by Welsh Hearts followed by a demonstration will take place on Wednesday 8th March 2017 at 1.00 p.m. in the Church Institute, Henllan.
- Training Session will take place during the afternoon and evening of 16th March 2017.
- DOG FOULING.
Members discussed the ongoing dog fouling problems that persist within the Community. Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams updated the meeting with the recent Member Area Group meeting which discussed dog fouling issues including the pending new â€śLegislationâ€ť on dog fouling. Councillor Williams agreed for the Community Council to receive details of the new legislation for the Council to inspect before deciding the next move regarding the dog fouling problem in the Community.
- HENLLAN PRIMARY SCHOOL COUNCIL.
Councillor Kevin Davies is in the process of arranging a joint meeting between the Community Council with the Henllan Primary School Council with Gethin Jones the Head Teacher of Henllan Primary School.
- COMMUNITY COUNCIL ELECTIONS ON 4TH MAY 2017.
The Clerk provided the Members with individual â€śNomination Packsâ€ť for the forthcoming Community Council Elections on 4th May 2017 provided by the Election Officer of Denbighshire County Council.
- Mrs Joan Dunseath, Church Warden of St. Sadwrnâ€™s Church, Henllan thanked the Community Council for ÂŁ500.00 donation towards the Henllan Churchyard costs.
- Bill payments:-
- David Roberts – installation of the Heated Cabinet for the Defibrillator – ÂŁ72.00.
- Clerkâ€™s Salary for the quarter ended 31st March 2017 – ÂŁ400.00.
- Edward Morris â€“ Caretakerâ€™s monthly salary – ÂŁ24.00.
- PAYE for the quarter ended 31st March 2017 – ÂŁ118.00.
- Clerkâ€™s expenses for the year ended 31st March 2017 – ÂŁ497.00.
- Alan Roberts â€“ Flower Hanging Basket Costs – ÂŁ59.98.
- Mortimerâ€™s of Denbigh â€“ Public Conveniences Provisions – ÂŁ21.12.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
- The annual Henllan litter pick organised by the Henllan Conservation Group will be held on Saturday 18th March 2017.
- The â€śCommunity Engagement Network Eventâ€ť has arranged a â€śPre-application Community Consultationâ€ť for Tuesday 28th March 2017 at the Venue Cymru, Llandudno between 12.30 and 4.00 p.m.
- Monthly pack for the distribution amongst the members.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams updated members on the following issues:-
A: Recreation Spaces.
- Appeal (Judicial Review) on the electricity pylons application between Clocaenof Forest and the electricity sub-station in St. Asaph.
- Lenten Pool, Denbigh crossing issues.
- Anti Social Act 2014.
- Construction of the Henllan to Denbigh footway.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council regarding the following highway issues within Henllan:-
A: Potholes on the Glasfryn Housing Estate including the Meifod Road junction.
- Mud on the highway/footpath between Henllan and Denbigh.
- Blocked gully by Henllan Shop in Denbigh Street.
- Clattering gully on the Cil-y-Coed Estate.
- Water pooling issue due to a blocked gully at Hen Efail.
- Garn Lane needs clearing after the recent storm damage.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING â€“ Tuesday 4th April 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 9.00 P.M.