Henllan Community Council Planning Committee, Tuesday 4th July 2017, 7.00 p.m., Chapel Vestry, Henllan
B: To consider the Council’s observations on the following planning applications:-
- Planning Application: 28/2017/0564 – Replacement of existing flat roof to detached garage with a pitched roof at 26 Glasfryn, Henllan.
- Any other planning applications received prior to the meeting.
Next meeting of the Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 4th July 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Welcome to the newly Co-opted Members of the Council – Councillors Nicky Bassett – Powell and Merfyn Roberts.
- Discussion with the newly appointed PCSO for Rural Denbigh, PCSO Lucy Green.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Finance issues.
- Planning issues.
- Denbighshire County Council issues.
- Any Other Business.
- Next Council Meeting: Tuesday 5th September 2017, Chapel Vestry, Henllan 7.30pm.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH JUNE 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Gwyn Roberts, Julie Roberts, Jean McGibbon, John Bellis, Clwyd Spencer, Duncan Stewart, Denbighshire County Councillor Glenn Swingler and the Clerk.
The Chairman welcomed Councillor John Bellis to his first Henllan Community Council meeting.
APOLOGIES: Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams.
MR GARETH JARVIS, DEVELOPMENT OFFICER OF WALES AND WEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION.
The Chairman welcomed Mr Gareth Jarvis to the meeting. The following update was discussed regarding the proposed next development at Cil-y-Coed in Henllan by Wales & West Housing Association:-
The “Schedule of Accommodation” is for 14 x 2 bed 4 person dwellings & 7 x 3 bed 5 person dwellings.
- Phase one is for 6 x 2 bed 4 person dwelling and 1 disabled dwelling.
- Commencement date for phase one is scheduled for September/October 2017.
- Completion date for phase one is scheduled for 9/10 months after commencement.
- Link path between the new development and the Maes Sadwrn Estate.
- Consideration of a postal survey for the local needs demand.
- An “Open Day” will be organised by Wales & West Housing Association.
The Chairman thanked Mr Jarvis for the information provided and for his attendance.
CONFIRM THE MAY MEETINGS OF THE COUNCIL.
Members confirmed the Annual General Meeting and the monthly meeting minutes held on 10th May 2017 as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- the Clerk still awaits a reply from the Highways Department of Denbighshire Council regarding the highway issues raised in the previous Council meeting.
- Mike Jones, Traffic, Parking and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire County Council reported he will remind the “Safety Team” for an updated report regarding the Pencaedu Crossroads issue.
- PCSO Francis Long reported that he conducted one morning (weekday) and one evening (Weekday) speed surveys on Denbigh Street adjacent to the School during the dropping off/picking up times. With the exception of two vehicles travelling at 35 mph entering Henllan, there were no vehicles driving in excess of the speed limit exiting Henllan while the surveys were carried out. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the Highway Authority seeking clarification why Denbigh Street in Henllan has a black 20 mph advisory signage outside Henllan School whilst other Schools locally have a compulsory red 20 mph signage.
- Following the site meeting between Councillors Chris Brown and Julie Roberts regarding the work required on the Maes Sadwrn Park in Henllan, the Clerk still awaits a reply from Jamie Groves, Head of Housing and Assets of Denbighshire County Council.
- Alan Roberts is in the process of providing the Council with a quote for the annual planters and associated works for Henllan.
- The drainage issue repairs at the bottom of Chapel Lane in Henllan is still ongoing.
COUNCIL VACANT SEATS UPDATE.
The Clerk reported that two applicants have applied for the two vacant seats on the Council and circulated Members with the C.V. of both applicants. viz:-
Mrs Nicky Bassett-Powell, Yr Hen Felin, Llannefydd Road, Henllan.
Mr Merfyn Roberts, 30 Ffordd Meifod, Henllan.
Members duly resolved to co-opt both applicants as Members of Henllan Community Council.
The Clerk circulated Members with a copy of the Council’s “Accounting Statement” for the financial year ending 31st March 2017.
- Clerk’s salary for the quarter ending 30th June 2017 – £420.00.
- PAYE for the quarter ending 30th June 2017 – £122.80.
The Clerk circulated Members with the following documents:-
- Denbighshire County Council Code of Conduct Training events for June/July 2017.
- One Voice Wales North Wales Training events between May and December 2017.
- Mrs Mair Jones, Principal Valuation and Estates Surveyor of Denbighshire County Council, informed the Council that Maes-y-Groes Farm, Henllan is surplus to requirements of Denbighshire Council and will be sold to the existing Tenant.
- Mr Aled Sion, Eisteddfod Director, informed Council that the Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Urdd Gobaith Cymru will be held in Denbighshire in the year 2020.
- the “Gwyl Haf Henllan” Coffee Morning will be held on Saturday 24th June 2017 in the Henllan Church Institute between 9.30 a.m. and 12.00 noon.
DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Councillor Glenn Swingler reported on the following:-
- Thanked Members who gave him a guided walking tour of Henllan since the previous Council meeting.
- Arranged to have site meetings in Henllan with Street Scene and Housing Officers.
- Request for Community Council representation on the “Members Area Groups”.
- Super Fast Broadband update and mobile coverage is now 4G in Henllan.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
- The Plas Chambers highway verge grass cutting at the junction on the Graig Road in Denbigh has not been cut properly.
- Overgrown weeds on the footpath at the Maes-yr-Efail and Maes Sadwrn Housing Estates in Henllan.
- Dangerous damaged highway verge retaining barrier by Ty’n-y-Gors, Groes Road in Henllan.
Members discussed the following issues:-
- Recent surface water pooling on the Meifod Road in Henllan which was reported by Councillor Glyn Jones.
- Obstructing livestock on the Coppy Farm (Denbigh to Henllan Road) Public Footpath field.
- Henllan Extravaganza which is held on Saturday 17th June 2017.
NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 4th July 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.35 P.M.