Planning Committee, Henllan Community Council
7 pm Tuesday 5th September 2017; Chapel Vestry, Henllan
- Planning Applications:-
- Application 28/2017/0566 – Erection of a boundary fence to rear of Plot 3 and alterations to ground levels (partly retrospective) on land adjacent to Capel Saron off Denbigh Street, Henllan.
- To consider other planning applications received prior to the meeting.
Henllan Community Council
7.30 pm Tuesday 5th September 2017
Chapel Vestry, Henllan
- Discussion on the Henllan Park Play Area with David Lorey, Lead Officer Corporate Property and Glyn Forsdick, Principal Development Manager of Denbighshire Council.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Finance issues.
- To receive report of the Council’s Planning Committee.
- To receive report of the other Council’s Committees.
- Denbighshire County Council issues.
- Any Other Business.
- Next Council Meeting – 7.30 pm, Tuesday 3rd October 2017, Chapel Vestry, Henllan
- Closure of meeting.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 4TH JULY 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
1: PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Jean McGibbon, Duncan Stewart, John Bellis, Merfyn Roberts, Nicky Bassett-Powell, Clwyd Spencer, Denbighshire County Councillors Glenn Swingler and Geraint Lloyd-Williams together with the Clerk.
- APOLOGIES: Councillor Gwyn Roberts.
The Chairman welcomed Councillors Nicky Bassett-Powell and Merfyn Roberts to their first meeting of the Council.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 6th June 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Marc Musgrave, Planning & Public Protection Services of Denbighshire County Council, stated that in order to establish a pilot study for the future 20mph limit/zones in Denbighshire the County are in the process of undertaking a pilot study to examine their effectiveness at reducing speeds in a range of locations with different characteristics and Henllan was selected to trial an advisory limit. Resolved for the Clerk to ask Mr Musgrave to establish when is the pilot due to end and to report on his findings.
- Peter Lea, Principal Engineer – Traffic Management of Denbighshire County Council, reported on the following:-
- Denbigh Street – “Araf/Slow”. There is already a well signed speed limit gateway feature on the Denbigh Street approach to Henllan. Members noted the reply.
- Garn Road – “Road Narrows” signage. Requires a little more detail of the specific location of the required signage. The Clerk to report the signage is required near the top on the junction of Ffordd Bryn-y-Garn.
- Henllan to Llannefydd Road – Long Vehicles at Bridge. Mr Lea is of the opinion, after looking at “Google Street View” that the bridge does not impose a problem to “Long Vehicles”, but will arrange a site visit to assess the situation at the earliest opportunity and asked for any photographic evidence in the meantime to support the Council’s concerns.
- Trevor Carr, Street Scene Area Coordinator (Denbigh Area) of Denbighshire County Council reported that the clattering highway lid has now been repaired on the Cil-y-Coed Estate in Henllan. Members resolved for the Clerk to inform Mr Carr that the said lid is still clattering.
- Kelvin Hughes, Senior Environmental Crime Officer of Denbighshire County Council, informed Council that the abandoned vehicle in Maes Sadwrn has now been removed.
- Members resolved for the Clerk to inform Denbighshire County Council that the water pooling issue on Meifod Road still exists.
- the Clerk still awaits an updated report from Mike Jones, Traffic Parking and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire County Council, regarding the Pen Cae Du Crossroads safety issue.
- the Clerk still awaits a reply from Jamie Groves, Head of Housing and Assets of Denbighshire County Council, regarding the works required on the Maes Sadwrn Park in Henllan.
- Alan Roberts is in the process of providing the Council with a quote for the planters and “Street Benches” for Henllan.
- Edward Morris, Caretaker – May and June 2017 Salary – £48.00.
- Welsh Water – Public Conveniences Water Rates – £56.05.
- PLANNING APPLICATION.
“Replacement of existing flat roof to detached garage with a pitched roof” at 26 Glasfryn, Henllan – no objections.
The annual “Cluster Meeting” between Officers of Denbighshire County Council and the City, Town and Community Councils will be held on Thursday 13th July 2017 at the Cricket Club, St. Asaph at 6.00 p.m. – the Chairman will be in attendance.
Denbighshire County Council Bus Services Public Consultation – Councillor Duncan Stewart provided Members with a report on his findings on the bus services affecting Henllan, namely Routes 66 and 53 and considered the favoured option 2 for Route 66 which includes additional afternoon services between Henllan and Denbigh. Councillor Stewart kindly agreed to drat the reply to Denbighshire County Council on behalf of the Community Council.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
The following issues were discussed with County Councillors Glenn Swingler and Geraint Lloyd-Williams:-
Weeds left following the recent road sweeping in Henllan.
Highway safety issues following a number of accidents between the Graig Road and Plas Chambres in Denbigh.
Superfast Broadband update.
Litter bins update.
PSPO update for the Top Park in Henllan.
Confirmation that the works required on the Meifod Road Park is scheduled for October.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
the “Gwyl Haf Henllan 2017” will be held over the weekend of 29/30 July 2017.
Report of the “Caravan” located in the paddock next to the Stable Bloch at Lon Wilkin, Henllan – resolved for the Clerk to contact Denbighshire County Council if planning permission is required.
Report of vehicles obstructing the Church Street and Llindir Street junctions in Henllan – resolved for the Clerk to inform Denbighshire County Council regarding the issues.
The next “Strategy and Development Committee” will be held on Wednesday12th July 2017.
Members congratulated Henllan Football Club for retaining the “Llandyrnog and District Summer League” title for 2017.
NEXT COUNCIL MEETING
– Tuesday 5th September 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.50 P.M.