The next meeting of the Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 3rd October 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Declarations of Interest.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy below).
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- Finance issues.
- Planning issues.
- Denbighshire County Council issues in relation to the Henllan Community Council Area.
- Urgent matters under Section 100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
- Next Meeting – Tuesday 7th November 2017, Chapel Vestry, Henllan, 7.30 p.m.
- Closure of meeting.
DRAFT: MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Christopher Brown (Chairman), Duncan Stewart, Glyn Jones, Jean McGibbon, Gwyn Roberts, Nicky Bassett-Powell, Merfyn Roberts, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
Councillors Julie Roberts, John Bellis, Clwyd Spencer and Denbighshire County Councillor Glenn Swingler.
HENLLAN PARK PLAY AREA.
The Chairman welcomed Denbighshire County Council Officers Mr David Lorey, Lead Officer Corporate Property and Mr Glyn Forsdick, Principal Development Manager to the Council meeting. The Officers provided plans on the new play equipment and works to be carried out over the winter months at the Henllan Park Play Area which will incorporate works on the access to the play area. The Officers agreed to further consult with the community via the public notice boards and Henllan School regarding the project. The Chairman thanked both officers for attending the meeting and for the information provided.
CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 4th July 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Mr Mike Jones, Traffic, Parking and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire County Council reported that he still awaits the Traffic Safety Engineer’s report on the Pencaedu Crossroads safety issues.
- The public litter bin in Henllan has finally been relocated to the correct location by Denbighshire County Council. The Chairman thanked Councillor Julie Roberts for her assistance to relocate the litter bin.
- Mr Peter Lea, Principal Engineer – Traffic Management of Denbighshire County Council resolved as the river bridge on the Llannefydd Road in the ownership of Conwy County Borough Council, then the long vehicles issue should be addressed to Conwy County Borough Council. The Clerk awaits a report from the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council regarding the issue.
- Denbighshire County Council Highways Department have completed highway repairs on the Graig Road to the Plas Chambers Junction following a spate of accidents on the section of carriageway.
- Second 2017/18 precept receipt – £3,818.00.
- Bill payments:-
- Denbighshire County Council for the election costs on 4th May 2017 – £164.37.
- Mortimers Denbigh for public conveniences supplies – £18.00.
- Clerk’s Salary for the quarter ending 30th September 2017 – £420.00.
- Caretakers Salary for the two months ending 31st August 2017 – £48.00.
- PAYE for the quarter ending 30th September 2017 – £123.00.
- Mr Alan Roberts for the cost of planters and radar lock for the public conveniences – £78.86.
- Planning Aid Wales Delegation Fee for “Planning Application Training Course” on 28th September 2017 for Councillor Jean McGibbon – £35.00.
- One Voice Wales Conference and Annual General Meeting 2017 Delegate Fee (Councillor Duncan Stewart) on 30th September 2017 – £90.00.
- Members considered the completed the Council Grant Application Form received from Henllan Flower Show and resolved to grant aid the Henllan Flower Show £500.00.
Planning Application 28/2017/0566 – Erection of a boundary fence to rear of Plot 3 and alterations to ground levels (partly retrospective) on land adjacent to Capel Saron off Denbigh Street, Henllan.
Following the report of the Council’s Planning Committee the Members resolved on the following observations to the planning application:-
The “Typical Fence Panel to be used” sketch received by Planning Services on 30th June 2017 is not the same as the picture of the erected panels received by the Planning Services on 2nd June 2017.
Planning Application should have been made prior to the erection of the fencing or at least made with the original planning application with the proposed development.
There is no mention of the alterations to ground levels on the planning application.
- the Clerk circulated Members with details of the Denbighshire County Council consultation on Local Development Plan Review Report and Draft Delivery Agreement for the Replacement LDP 21st August 2017 to 20th October 2017.
- Councillor Julie Roberts received communication from Rhiannon Dafydd of Grwp Cynefin regarding the recent sale of Gorffwysfa in Henllan as follows:-
“I confirm that we did have grant funding associated with Gorffwysfa. Whenever we sell properties, any grant originally used to fund the purchase is passed to a recycling fund for the Local authority area. We cannot ‘ringfence’ any ‘recycled’ funds to the particular community in question, and as we were selling a property because it no longer reached the needs of the local community, we do not feel it appropriate to re invest in another property for social rent. Please find attached details about a home ownership scheme which allows people who cannot afford to purchase a property on the open market to get a low interest loan to purchase a property within the guidelines set by the Welsh Government. We would appreciate your support as a the community council to promote the scheme and encourage any individuals, couples or families that you know that might be interested, but please note that it is allocated on a first come first served basis. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues in the Affordable Housing Team if you have any further queries regarding the scheme.
We have a very active Communities Initiatives Team, and I would like to offer their support in assisting your community with any community development work you wish to embark upon. Please contact me or Ffion Jacobsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to discuss this further. I hope this meets your expectation, and I welcome feedback from the Community Council, so that we can move forward with continuing to work with you.”
Denbighshire County Council Chairman’s Civic Service will take place on Sunday 24th September 2017 to be held at St. Thomas’ Church, Rhyl at 11.00 a.m.
DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams updated Council on the following issues:-
- Implementations of the “Public Space Protection Orders”.
- Consultant is currently looking into the next phase of the provision of a footway/cycle path between Henllan Village and Denbigh Golf Club.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members resolved for the Clerk to report the damaged steel bollard next to the garages on the Maes Sadwrn Estate in Henllan.
NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 3rd October 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 9.10 P.M.