Henllan Community Council Planning Committee
Tuesday 3rd April 2018, Chapel Vestry, Henllan – 7.00 p.m.
2. Declarations of interest.
3. Planning applications for consideration:-
A. Application 28/2018/0248 – Erection of single storey rear extension at 7 Meifod, Bryn-y-Garn Road, Henllan.
B. To consider any additional planning applications received prior to the meeting.
4. To consider any additional planning issues.
Henllan Community Council
Tuesday 3rd April 2018, Chapel Vestry, Henllan – 7.30 p.m.
2. Declarations of interest.
3. Discussion with Sue Lewis, Senior Officer – Strategy and Partnerships – Denbighshire County Council Strategic Planning and Housing.
4. Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
5. Matters arising from the minutes.
6. Finance issues.
7. To consider the Council’s Grant Application Form from the “Henllan Community Leisure Association”.
8. Planning issues.
10. Denbighshire County Council issues.
11. Urgent business under Section 100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
12. Next Council Meeting – Annual General Meeting followed by the Monthly meeting – Tuesday 1st May 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.00 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH MARCH 2018 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Nicky Bassett-Powell, Jean McGibbon, John Bellis, Gwyn Roberts, Duncan Stewart, Merfyn Roberts, Clwyd Spencer, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
1. APOLOGY FOR ABSENCE:
Denbighshire County Councillor Glenn Swingler.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
3. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 6th February 2018 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
4. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. PCSO Mathew Williams apologised for his non attendance at the monthly meeting. Members resolved to further invite Police representation to the next Council meeting to discuss the ongoing policing issues in Henllan.
B. Members resolved for the Clerk to inform the “Independent Remuneration for Wales” that the Members of the Council have resolved not to accept the remuneration available.
C. Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams reported:-
1. The Highways Department are still waiting for the appointed Contractor to repair/complete the works required on the gully by the entrance to Chapel Lane in Henllan.
2. In the process of re-arranging a site meeting with Glyn Forsdick with an update on the Henllan Park Play Area work.
D. the Clerk still awaits a reply from Denbighshire County Council for the request of a “Pelican Crossing” outside Henllan School.
E. Denbighshire County Council has granted planning permission for the erection of two dwellings and construction of new vehicular access on land at Porth Kerry, Henllan which has the condition for prior to the occupation of the dwellings the footway shall be completed in accordance with the approved plans.
F. Mrs Gwyneth Wynne, Chair of the Henllan W.I., thanked the Council for the generous donation towards the St David’s Day Lunch.
G. Cil-y-Coed Housing Development:-
1. Alison Hammans, Development Officer of Wales and West Housing reported that she is speaking with the Land Manager to see what their options are regarding more of the units and including low cost home ownership units. Regarding the gardens, housing is looking who is responsible for the upkeep.
2. County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams reported on the recent email exchanged with Sue Lewis, Strategic Planning and Housing Officer regarding the various options available to the Cil-y-Coed development site.
Members resolved to invite Sue Lewis to the next Council meeting to discuss the various options available.
A: Clerk’s salary for the quarter ending 31st March 2018 – £420.00.
B. Clerk’s expenses for the year ending 31st March 2018 – £546.00.
C. Caretaker’s salary for February 2018 – £24.00.
D. PAYE for the quarter ended 31st March 2018 – £123.00.
E. One Voice Wales 2018/19 Membership Fee – £124.00.
6. PLANNING APPLICATIONS.
A. Councillors Julie Roberts, Jean McGibbon and Nicky Bassett-Powell are still in the process of receiving quotations for the works required at the Top Park (including the Public Conveniences) in Henllan.
B. Confirmation that there will be an afternoon bus service in Henllan provided by Denbighshire County Council.
8. DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Councillors Glenn Swingler and Geraint Lloyd-Williams reported on the following issues:-
A: Electrical faults during the recent snow storms on the previous Friday and Saturday in Henllan.
B. New Bus Timetable for Henllan in the afternoons.
C. Pothole issues in Denbigh Street, Henllan.
D. Talks with BCUHB regarding the loss of 10 beds in Denbigh Infirmary.
E. Closure of Barclays Bank in Denbigh on 20th April 2018.
F. Report on the recent Member Area Group.
9. URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
A. the AGM of the HLCA will take place on Monday 12th March 2018 in the Llindir Inn at 8.00 p.m.
B. Members granted permission for Mr Alan Roberts to provide the community “Flower Beds” for the 2018 season.
C. Members discussed the ongoing “Dog Fouling” issues in Henllan.
D. Members resolved for the Clerk to inform Denbighshire County Council of the following issues:-
1. Litter picking required in both Henllan Village and all approach roads to the village.
2. Sinking pavement outside 6 and 7 Godre’r Garn in Henllan.
3. Retaining highway wall issues on the Garn Park in Henllan.
10. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 3rd April 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
11. THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.50 P.M.