The Annual General Meeting of the Henllan Community Council will be held on
Tuesday 1st May 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7 p.m.
and will be followed by the monthly meeting for May.
AGENDA AND TIMETABLE OF THE MEETINGS.
7 p.m. ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Election of Chairman for the 2018-2019 term of office.
4. Election of Vice-Chairman for the 2018-2019 term of office.
5. To receive the Chairman’s Annual Report.
6. Council’s Representation on other Committees.
A. Henllan Parochial Charities.
B. Christian Aid Committee.
C. One Voice Wales Area Committee.
D. Henllan School Governor.
E. Council’s Planning Committee.
F. Council’s Strategy & Development Committee.
G. Council’s Finance Committee.
COUNCIL’S MONTHLY MEETING FOLLOWING THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING.
2. Declarations of Interest
3. Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy below).
4. Matters arising from the minutes.
5. Finance issues.
6. St. Sadwrn Church, Henllan Grant Application Form.
7. Planning issues.
9. Denbighshire County Council issues.
10. Urgent business under Section 100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
11. Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 5th June 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 pm
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 3RD APRIL 2018 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Jean McGibbon, Duncan Stewart, Nicky Bassett-Powell, Merfyn Roberts, Clwyd Spencer, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors John Bellis, Julie Roberts, Gwyn Roberts and Denbighshire County Councillor Glenn Swingler.
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
Councillors Jean McGibbon and Glyn Jones on agenda item 7 below.
3. DISCUSSION WITH SUE LEWIS, SENIOR OFFICER – STRATEGY AND PARTNERSHIPS OF DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLANNING AND HOUSING.
The Chairman welcomed Sue Lewis to the meeting. Following the recent attendance at the Council meeting from Officers of Wales and West Housing Association regarding the next phase of the housing development at Cil-y-Coed in Henllan it was agreed with Sue Lewis that the way forward is to prepare a “Rural Housing Needs Survey” for Henllan with the following two options available to the Community Council:-
A: Employ Grwp Cynefin Rural Housing Enabler for the survey work at the cost of £4,000 or
B. Denbighshire County Council will prepare the survey with the assistance of the Community Council to distribute the survey which will be free of charge to the Council.
Members resolved on option B and Sue Lewis will prepare the survey in due course. The Chairman thanked Sue Lewis for her attendance.
4. CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 6th March 2018 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. Denbighshire County Council has appointed the contractor for the play area work in Henllan and the work will be undertaken after the Easter break and will be completed in time for the summer.
B. Alan Hinchcliffe, Denbighshire County Council Road Safety Officer, reported that the number of children crossing to/from Henllan School has not met the recommended minimum number for establishing of a school crossing patrol crossing point to be considered together with no request directly from the Head Teachers of Henllan School for a crossing. The Chairman agreed to contact Henllan School regarding the issue.
C. the Clerk still awaits a reply from the Highways Department regarding the highway issues raised in the previous Council meeting and agreed to remind the Highways Department of the issues raised.
D. Wales and West Housing Association require the contact details of of the Henllan Conservation Group for assistance with the Cil-y-Coed Community Garden. The Clerk to forward the contact details as requested.
A. Bill payment to Alan Roberts for the Community Flower Beds materials – £73.42.
B. Three quotations have now been received for the Henllan Community Toilets electrical works:-
1. Glyn D. Edwards – £671.00.
2. Sion Edwards – £825.00.
3. E. G. Morris – £1,086.00.
Members resolved to award the contract to Glyn D. Edwards.
C. Councillor Jean McGibbon is in negotiations with contractors for quotations for the Top Park works required.
D. Councillor Nicky Bassett-Powell has received two quotations to date for the five village name plates.
7. HENLLAN COMMUNITY LEISURE ASSOCIATION GRANT APPLICATION FORM.
Councillors Jean McGibbon and Glyn Jones vacated the meeting room during the agenda item. The Clerk circulated Members with a copy of the Henllan Community Leisure Association Grant Application form. The Members considered the application and resolved to grant aid £500.00 to the Association.
8. PLANNING APPLICATION.
Planning Application 28/2018/0248 – Erection of single storey rear extension at 7 Meifod, Bryn-y-Garn Road, Henllan – no objections.
A. Councillors Jean McGibbon and Glyn Jones reported that they met with Chris Ruane MP on 16th March 2018 and discussed the following issues:-
1. Lack of disabled access to the playground in Henllan.
2. Speeding past the school in Henllan on B5382.
3. Litter issues around Henllan.
4. Blocked gullies on Garn Hill, Henllan.
5. Speeding/Dangerous road on the Henllan to Trefnant crossroads.
6. Lack of Wales and West housing development at Cil-y-Coed, Henllan.
B. Following the announcement of the cleaning and maintenance of bus stops from Denbighshire County Council the Members resolved to accept Councillor Duncan Stewart proposal to purchase the new bus shelter in Denbigh Street (opposite Parc-y-Llan entrance) via Denbighshire County Council who would also be able to install the bus shelter on behalf of the Community Council.
C. Members discussed the new bus time table published by Denbighshire County Council which includes the additional afternoon services in Henllan which has not been made available to Henllan residents as yet.
D. Daniel Parry, Assistant Director of Assets of Cartrefi Cymunedol Gwynedd, will attend the next Council meeting on 1st May 2018 to discuss the development of 14 housing units in Henllan.
10. DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams updated Members on the following:-
A: Litter picking.
B. Review of the “Kingdom” contract.
C. Former North Wales Hospital site in Denbigh.
D. North Wales Police issues.
11. URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
A. Members resolved for the Clerk to report the eight blocked gullies on Garn Hill to the Highways Department of Denbighshire County Council.
B. Members resolved for the Clerk to write to thank the Henllan Conservation Group for the recent litter picking in Henllan.
C. Members discussed the ongoing obstructing parked vehicles next to highway junctions in Henllan village.
12. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 1st May 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan – Annual General Meeting at 7 p.m. followed by the monthly meeting of the Council.
13. THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 9.10 P.M.