Duncan Stewart : 28th November 2017 15:52 :
Next meeting of Henllan Community Council:
Tuesday 2nd January 2018, Chapel Vestry, Henllan
Planning Committee 7 p.m.
Full council 7.30 p.m.
Henllan Community Council Meeting
Tuesday 5th December 2017, 7.30 p.m.
Chapel Vestry, Henllan
- Declarations of interest.
- Report from PCSO 3008 Matthew Williams on the recent Henllan Community Policing issues.
- Updated report from Mr Ben Wilcox-Jones, Senior Engineer – Road Safety and Sustainable Transportation of Denbighshire County Council on the proposed cycle path between Henllan and Denbigh.
- Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
- Matters arising from the minutes on appearing on the agenda.
- Clwb Ffermwyr Ifanc Llannefydd Grant Application Form update.
- Planning issues.
- Denbighshire County Council issues.
- Urgent business under Section 100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
- Next Council Meeting – Tuesday 2nd January 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
- Closure of meeting.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 7TH NOVEMBER 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Duncan Stewart, Gwyn Roberts, Julie Roberts, Merfyn Roberts, Nicky Bassett-Powell, Jean McGibbon, Clwyd Spencer and the Clerk.
01: APOLOGIES: Councillors John Bellis, Glyn Jones together with Denbighshire County Councillors Geraint Lloyd-Williams and Glenn Swingler.
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
Councillor Clwyd Spencer declared an interest on item 7 below.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 3rd October 2017 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A local resident raised concerns should the proposed works on the cycle route be completed, then this would result for Henllan Pupils attending Denbigh High School would have to walk to school as the distance would be less than three miles. Councillor Chris Brown agreed to reply to the residents following further enquiries regarding the issue.
Councillor Duncan Stewart attended the Local Democracy and Boundary Commission Review on Denbighshire meeting on 17th October 2017 and provided information for circulation amongst the Members.
Councillor Julie Roberts updated Members on the parking problem at Henllan Church.
the Clerk still awaits a reply regarding the policing issues raised for Henllan.
Denbighshire County Council has now removed the broken metal post next to the Maes Sadwrn Garages.
Denbighshire County Council has arranged for the Maes Sadwrn Garage forecourt to be inspected and for any remedial works to be carried out accordingly.
Denbighshire County Council has confirmed that weed spraying operations were completed in Henllan on 6th October 2017 with a final application due in March 2018.
Denbighshire County Council has confirmed that the highway litter picking will take place in Henllan after Christmas.
Denbighshire County Council has found a “Road Narrowing Sign” buried in the hedge in Garn Road in Henllan. Members resolved for the Clerk to remind Denbighshire County Council that a new sign is required on the north side of the road to give more advanced notice of the narrowing road.
The gully issue at the bottom of Chapel Lane on Denbigh Street has still not been resolved.
- COUNILLOR JULIE ROBERTS AGENDA ITEMS.
Henllan School Council – Councillors Gwyn Roberts and Merfyn Roberts agreed to meet with the Henllan School Council to discuss Henllan Community Council.
Repairs on Henllan street benches – Mr Alan Roberts provided n estimate of £50 for the repairs required on the benches. Members resolved to accept the estimate.
Bus shelter opposite Parc-y-Llan on Denbigh Street in Henllan – Councillor Duncan Stewart is looking into the provision of a new bus shelter.
- STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING – 23RD OCTOBER 2017.
Councillor Chris Brown reported on the following issues discussed at the meeting:-
A: Old Tip Site – the Chairman is making enquiries regarding the various impact assessments required for the site which would be required for any future planning application.
Top Park Boundary – Inspections are currently being undertaken for the works required.
Top Park Car Park – Councillor Jean McGibbon is currently seeking quotations for the works required.
- CLWB FFERMWYR IFANC LLANNEFYDD GRANT APPLICATION FORM.
Following receipt of the completed “Grant Application Form” the Members resolved to ask “Clwb Ffermwyr Ifanc Llannefydd” for a specific item which requires financial aid to be considered at the next Council meeting.
Wales Audit Office – Audit of Accounts 2016/17 – £187.20.
Mortimers Denbigh – Public Conveniences Costs – £93.96.
Confirmed Annual Return for the year ended 31st March 2017 from BDO (External Auditors).
- PLANNING ISSUES.
No planning issues received for discussion.
Denbighshire County Council has confirmed that all the necessary “Road Closure” notices is in place for the Remembrance Sunday Service between 10.40 and 11.15 a.m. on Church Street and Ty Coch Street.
The recent road sweeper issues in Henllan has now been resolved.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Members resolved for the Clerk to write to Denbighshire County Council Officers regarding the following issues:-
A: Remind Messrs Glyn Forsdick and David Lorey for an updated report regarding the Henllan Park Play Area following their attendance at the September 2017 meeting of the Council.
Request for an additional bus service between Henllan and Denbigh in the afternoons as there is currently a gap between 1.05 and 5.25 p.m.
Overgrown highway bush on Ty Coch Street from the former E.C. Evans’ Yard.
Overgrown highway bush on Meifod Road next to the bus shelter.
- URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
The Chairman reported that enquiries are under way for the re-instatement of the electricity supply to the Public Conveniences in Henllan.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 5th December 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.40 P.M.