Duncan Stewart : 25th February 2018 20:34 :
Next meeting of Henllan Community Council will be held on Tuesday 6th March 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan
at 7.30 p.m.
2. Declarations of interest.
3. Confirm the minutes of the previous Council meeting (copy attached).
4. Matters arising from the minutes.
5. Finance issues.
6. Planning issues.
8. Denbighshire County Council issues.
9. Urgent business under Section 100B(4) of the Local Government Act 1972.
10. Next Council Meeting – 7.30 p.m. Tuesday 3rd April 2018, Chapel Vestry, Henllan
MINUTES OF HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 6TH FEBRUARY 2018 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Julie Roberts, Jean McGibbon, Nicky Bassett-
Powell, John Bellis, Merfyn Roberts, Gwyn Roberts, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the
1: APOLOGIES: Councillors Duncan Stewart and Clwyd Spencer.
2. WALES AND WEST HOUSING ASSOCIATION.
The Chairman welcomed the Development Officers of Wales and West Housing Association to the meeting. The
Officers updated the meeting that the Association are in discussions with Denbighshire County Council and the
next phase is to build one disabled bungalow and two semi-detached houses which is as a result of the current
waiting local policy needs list provided by the County which will be built in the next financial year. Members
suggested that a local needs survey should be prepared by the Association to seek the correct local needs at the
development site. The Development Officers agreed to investigate the local needs requirement together with the
current state of the community garden within the development site. The Chairman thanked the Officers for
attending the meeting.
3. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST.
A. Councillor Julie Roberts in agenda item 6B.
B. Councillor Chris Brown in agenda item 6C.
4. CONFIRM MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 2nd January 2018 as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
5. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
A. PCSO Mathew Williams reported on the following policing issues within the community:-
1. There was no reported crime since his last visit the Council meeting.
2. Speed checks have been carried out recently and nobody has been caught.
3. Still intends to visit Henllan to investigate the dangerous driving problems.
B. the Chairman agreed to contact the Head of Highways of Denbighshire County Council following the
unsatisfactory reply from the Street Scene Officers to the following issues:-
1. The overflowing gully issues on Denbigh Street is a “Welsh Water” issue and not Denbighshire County Issue.
2. The pooling in Bryntirion is not a concern for life or limb.
3. Water will pool by Hen Efail in wet weather and nothing more can be done.
C. Councillor Glyn Jones reported that the litter problem still exists in Henllan and a local resident
voluntary collected two bags of litter recently.
6. GRANT APPLICATION FORMS.
A. Clwb Ffermwyr Ifanc Llannefydd – defer until next meeting.
B. Henllan W.I. towards the cost of funding the Community St. David’s Lunch – resolved to award a grant of
£250.00 towards the costs.
C. Clwb Peldroed Henllan Football Club Juniors towards the costs of improvements to Top Park in Henllan –
resolved to award £500.00.
7. COMMUNITY COUNCILS REMUNERATION DOCUMENT.
Members discussed the “Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales” document circulated prior to the meeting:
Resolved: Not to accept the remuneration available to Members and Chair/Vice-chairs for the forthcoming
8. COUNCIL’S 2018/19 PRECEPT REQUIREMENT.
Councillor Chris Brown circulated members with the Council’s 2018/19 Precept Report following the Finance
Committee held on 8th January 2018. Following discussion on the report the members resolved to the Council’s
2018/19 Precept requirement of £11,370.00 based on £30 on the 378 Council Tax properties within the Community.
A: Capel Henllan – 2017 Chapel Vestry Hire for Council meetings – £110.00.
B. Meifod Wood Products (Denbighshire County Council) for street furniture (Planters and bench) – £340.00.
C. Edward Morris – January 2018 Caretakers Salary – £24.00.
D. Dŵr Cymru – Water Rates for the Public Conveniences – £60.71.
10. COUNCIL’S STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE REPORT.
The Chairman reported on the Strategy and Development Committee held on 8th January 2018 which discussed the
ongoing projects within the Community and the work required on the War Memorial.
11. PLANNING APPLICATION.
Planning Application 28/2018/0025 – erection of 2 dwellings and construction of a new vehicular access on land
at Porth Kerry, Henllan
– No objections to the proposed build and to request that the public highway footway be constructed first.
Invitation for a representative of the Council to attend the Hiraethog Development Strategy Meeting at either
Llangernyw on 13th February 2018 or Clawddnewydd on 20th February 2018. Councillor Chris Brown will attend on
behalf of the Council.
13. DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams reported on the following:-
A: Council Tax increase for 2018/19 will be 4.75% and the Police will increase by 3.85%.
B. Second homes Council Tax wil have a 50% surcharge.
C. The green bus shelters owned by the County will be transferred to the Community Councils. There are no
Denbighshire County Council owned bus shelters in Henllan.
D. The next Members area Group meeting will be held on 8th February 2018.
E. Councillor Lloyd-Williams is arranging a site meeting with Glyn Forsdick regarding the Henllan Park
works provided by the County Council.
14. URGENT BUSINESS UNDER SECTION 100B(4) OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1972.
A. Resolved for the Clerk to make enquiries with Denbighshire County Council to provide a Pelican Crossing
outside Henllan Primary School for the health and safety of the School Children.
B. the Chairman agreed to contact the local resident regarding the concerns of children having to walk to
Denbigh High School after the possible completion of the cycle path between Henllan and Denbigh.
15. NEXT COUNCIL MEETING
– Tuesday 6th March 2018 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
16. THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 9.10 P.M.