Duncan Stewart : 3rd February 2017 17:31 :
Planning Committee of Henllan Community Council:
Tuesday 7th February 2017 – Chapel Vestry, Henllan 7.00 p.m.
Full Council – Henllan Community Council
Tuesday 7th February 2017 – Chapel Vestry, Henllan 7.30 p.m.
MINUTES OF THE HENLLAN COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 3RD JANUARY 2017 IN THE CHAPEL VESTRY, HENLLAN AT 7.30 P.M.
1: PRESENT: Councillors Chris Brown (Chairman), Glyn Jones, Elwyn Williams, Merfyn James, Gwyn Roberts, Duncan Stewart, Jennifer Rowley-Williams, Denbighshire County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams and the Clerk.
- APOLOGIES: Councillors Julie Roberts, Clwyd Spencer, Kevin Davies and Denbighshire County Councillor Colin Hughes.
- CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS COUNCIL MEETING.
Members confirmed 6th December 2016 minutes as a true record and signed by the Chairman.
- MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES.
- Denbighshire County Council Highways Department issues update:-
- The highway sweeper has visited Henllan during December.
- Provision of Salt/Grit Bin has been supplied at Chapel Lane, Henllan.
- The bollards were placed on the Bryn-y-Garn Road in Henllan to stop vehicles parking on the verge putting the retaining wall under undue pressure. Members reported that vehicles are now parking on the opposite side of the highway which are restricting the highway access to properties. Members resolved for the Clerk to contact the Highways Department to request H lines to protect the access to properties on the Bryn-y-Garn Road in Henllan.
- The recently purchased two litter bins for Henllan will be erected during the first week in January.
- Mr Mike Jones, Traffic, Parking and Road Safety Manager of Denbighshire County Council, reported on the following issues:-
- Following data received from the Police regarding the Pen Cae Du Crossroads in Trefnant, no further traffic calming measures will be introduced at the location as it is considered that the current traffic calming measures introduced at the location is considered sufficient. Councillor Duncan Stewart kindly agreed to draft a reply on behalf of the Community Council for the provision of additional traffic calming measures at the crossroads.
- Provision of the traffic survey report outside Henllan School between 17th and 24th October 2016. Councillor Chris Brown agreed to assess the report and report back to the Council.
- The heated cabinet for the “Community Defibrillator” has now been delivered.
- COUNCIL SUB-COMMITTEE’S.
The Council Sub-committees will take place prior to the next full Council meeting.
- ST. SADWRN’S CHURCH GRANT APPLICATION FORM.
Councillors Merfyn James and Jennifer Rowley-Williams declared personal interest on the agenda item under discussion. Members discussed the Grant Application Form from St. Sadwrn Church in Henllan towards the “Churchyard Maintenance Fund” and resolved to award the grant of £500.00 sought as per the details of the “Grant Application Form”.
- FINANCE ISSUES.
- Final 2016/17 Precept Receipt – £2,750.00.
- Henllan Flower Show thanked the Council for the generous support for the 2016 show.
- Dwr Cymru – Water Rates for the Henllan Public Conveniences – £54.21.
- St. Sadwrn Church, Henllan – Grant towards the Churchyard Maintenance – £500.00.
- Council’s 2017/18 Precept Requirement – the Finance Sub-Committee will discuss and report back to the next Council meeting with the Council’s requirement.
- PLANNING ISSUES.
There were no planning issues for discussion.
The Clerk circulated members with the following correspondence from Denbighshire County Council:-
A: Feedback needed on dog control measures in public places.
- Draft Street Trading Policy.
- DENBIGHSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES.
- County Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams reported on the current consultation for the proposed additional housing to be considered for the forthcoming LDP opposite Coppy Farm on the Henllan Road in Denbigh.
- Councillor Geraint Lloyd-Williams agreed to raise the following issues with Denbighshire County Council:-
- Chapel Lane Gully Problem.
- Gully problem by Henllan Shop.
- Henllan Park Path lighting issues.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS.
Members resolved for the Clerk to contact Denbighshire County Council regarding the following issues:-
A: Maintenance required on the Henllan to Groes Road to the border with Conwy County Borough Council.
- Request additional bus services between Henllan and Denbigh in the afternoons as there is currently a gap between 1.00 and 5.00 p.m.
- NEXT COUNCIL MEETING – Tuesday 7th February 2017 in the Chapel Vestry, Henllan at 7.30 p.m.
- THE CHAIRMAN CLOSED THE MEETING AT 8.50 P.M.